Tuesday, April 24, 2012

REVIEW: Neostrata Skin Active Cellular Restoration


Neostrata Skin Active Cellular Restoration



New Beauty Description:  “Apple stem cell extract, peptides and maltobionic acid in Cellular Restoration work to repair the skin’s cells by reducing oxidative damage and restoring skin-plumping collagen.”

First Impression:  Easy to dispense, applied nicely, absorbed quickly and no greasy feel.  Didn’t really notice much of a scent.  The directions say to apply before bed, after cleansing.

Final Word:  I've been using this cream nightly for the last three weeks (and still have some left--way to go New Beauty!).  Nothing is ever going to replace a face lift--and no matter how depressed I get about my ageing face, I'll never go there--but I liked this cream a lot.  I think it actually had an affect on my skin, particularly on my neck and chest.  I really think I've seen some softening of lines and a reduction in that dreaded crepe-y look that the skin on my neck is just starting to show signs of if the lighting is bad.  I wouldn't hock my Hot Toys Christopher Reeve Superman figure to buy this (busted:  yes, I'm a geek), but if I had some extra cash lying around I would buy this again.

Sample Size:  .5 oz
Value of sample size:  $23

Full Size:  1.75 oz
Price:  $79

Rating so far:  3


0 – Too early to tell.
1 – If you want to gross people out for Halloween—go for it.
2 – Useless, in my humble opinion.  Don’t waste your money.
3 – Like it but not worth going into debt for it.
4 – Love it.  Will treat myself for Christmas, birthday, etc.
5 – OMG.  I would sell my mother for the last bottle/jar/tube of this stuff.

 

No comments: