Wednesday, April 25, 2012

REVIEW: Perlier & Elariia Body Cream



New Beauty Description:  “Take a mini vacation to the Mediterranean with body cream formulas created by Italy’s premier manufacturer of bath and body products, where fresh ingredients are cultivated and blended into natural, functional formulas.”

First Impression:  The jar is adorable and it’s very easy to chuck in your purse.  It’s glass but it’s pretty thick and sturdy so I don’t think you’d have any issues with breakage.  Unfortunately, the full-size jars seem to be opaque white plastic from what I could tell online, which isn’t nearly as romantic and I’m trying to get away from using plastics as much as I can.   The particular scent I received in my TestTube was Frangipani (a.k.a. plumeria).  Made with sunflower oil and Vitamin E, the cream feels very rich going on but melts into your skin.  I HATE feeling greasy and this stuff turns out to be as light as a feather.  The fragrance is delightful.  It’s flowery but not cloying and it’s very subtle.  You have to get really close to the skin to smell it.  I’d love to try all the scents in this line.  Typical ingredients used in Perlier body cream, depending on the scent, are organic honey, olive oil, citrus extracts, white jasmine, etc.  P & E also operates their own 150-acre farm to grow the ingredients used in their creams.  Nice.  The price isn’t too shabby either.

Sample Size:  1.0 oz
Value of sample size:  $3.66

Full Size:  6.70 oz
Price:  $24.50

Rating so far:  4 – Love it.  Will treat myself for Christmas, birthday, etc.


0 – Too early to tell.
1 – If you want to gross people out for Halloween—go for it.
2 – Useless, in my humble opinion.  Don’t waste your money.
3 – Like it but not worth going into debt for it.
4 – Love it.  Will treat myself for Christmas, birthday, etc.
5 – OMG.  I would sell my mother for the last bottle/jar/tube of this stuff.

No comments: