Thursday, May 24, 2012

REVIEW: Bond No. 9 Bon Bon "The Scent of Peace"



The Company Propoganda:  "For the first time in fragrance history, a major, full-blown fragrance collection was launched as an homage to the fair city of New York.  In fact, fragrances either represent a specific Gotham neighborhood - from downtown, midtown, and uptown locales - or an island-wide Manhattan scent.  Headquartered in NoHo [North of Houston Street] at 9 Bond Street, the collection features women's, men's and unisex eaux de parfums - complete with seasonal debuts."

I'm a New York girl at heart.  (Yeah, I was born and raised in Jersey--whaddaya gonna do about it?)  Bond No. 9 has been a brand I've longed to try so my heart did a happy dance when I saw a Bon Bon in my Sample Society box.  I received The Scent of Peace.  It's creation was inspired by the events of 9/11 and in 2006, a portion of the proceeds from each bottle sold was donated to UNICEF.  It's a woodsy floral with grapefruit, blackberry and lily of the valley (which I normally hate but it works here).  It's got a base of musk and cedar which makes this "female" scent more of a unisex one if you ask me.  I love it, though it doesn't have a whole lot of staying power.  Within two hours it had faded considerably and after four it was GONE. 

Each Bon Bon is valued at about $45 a piece (about the size of a deluxe perfume sample vial) and you can buy the whole current collection of 18 scents for $260 here.

Rating:  3.5 out of 5 (4 for the scent, minus a half point for lack of staying power)

No comments: