Tuesday, May 15, 2012

REVIEW: ybf Eye Liner in Plum Noir


New Beauty TestTube Description:  Rich plum hues are all the rage and ybf has converted this look into one supreme silky stick. The decadent hue of this “plum noir” eye liner emulates a deep burgundy to merlot color that defines and refines eyes any time of day or night.

Final Word:  First, the positives:  The color goes on smoothly and lasts a good while.  I LOVE the built-in sharpener in the cap.  I can't tell you how many times I've wanted to use a makeup pencil--whether eye, lip or brow--the tip has broken off, and I'm without a sharpener.  This is genius in it's simplicity.  The negative:  The color is awful.  Too much plum and not enough noir makes a color that gives me "pink eye."  Either that, I look like I've been on a crying jag.  I would definitely buy this pencil in some shade of brown or black or maybe even some other funky color like green, but I honestly don't know what they were thinking with this color.  It was nice of New Beauty to give me a full-size item, but since I'll never use it, it's kinda useless.  Oh, but wait--there's always Halloween...

Full size
Price:  $14.5


Rating: 1 for the color, 3 for the pencil in ANY other color but this.

0 – Too early to tell.
1 – If you want to gross people out for Halloween—go for it.
2 – Useless, in my humble opinion. Don’t waste your money.
3 – Like it but not worth going into debt for it.
4 – Love it. Will treat myself for Christmas, birthday, etc.
5 – OMG. I would sell my mother for the last bottle/jar/tube of this stuff.

No comments: